Tuesday, December 26, 2006

James Brown (1933-2006)



























The Godfather of Soul and the father of funk, James Brown, has gotten up to get down one last time, leaving us to help make the great band in the sky a whole lot funkier.

With a James Brown show previously scheduled for this coming New Years Eve at B.B. King's, seeing my first JB show seemed a possibility. Now, I'm starting to realize there's quite a few artists I need to be seeing sooner than later.

RaggedThots contributor MadScribe adds:
"As a young black male growing up, he wasn't just a musical inspiration, he was a business, entrepreneurial, and even libertarian inspiration.

I couldn't say it any better than his classic song, "I Don't Want Nobody to Give Me Nothing (Open Up the Door I'll Get It Myself)"
He's already missed. RIP.

1 comment:

Karol said...

There was a House song when I was a teenager called "James Brown is Dead". Those were essentially all the words. And now he is. Sad.