Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Question of the Day

Is it possible that those who favor gun control most ardently tend to not trust their own psychological stability, i.e., their ability to contain emotional response?

The thought crossed my mind just now after a left-of-center, gun-control-supporting colleague said off-handedly, "The best argument in favor of gun control is the fact that I can buy a gun." The joke being that he's something of a drama queen who's prone to mood swings.

Those supporting gun-rights generally speak in terms of self defense. Those in favor of gun control, like Mayor Bloomberg, generally refer to man's susceptibility to his own rage.

Perhaps psychological discrepancies explain it?

1 comment:

Incognito said...

Hi! I want to ask if you will provide a link back to my site OR link exchange?
Why? because web sites that are linked from lots of other sites are often deemed more popular

and get a higher ranking in search results.
Put a back link to my blog, contact me and I will so the same.
Contact me: alexvorn2@gmal.com or post a comment in my blog:
Tech Gadget Blog
The best!